Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thursday May 24 - Fresh Pow, Chest Cold

Well, the stories are pilling up already. This morning we rolled out of bed to find 10cm of fresh powder on the ground! The roads were still clear, although wet, so the decision was made to truck (bike) on. I was feeling sick last night and as I got worse through the day but I hoped it would pass after a good nights rest. Unfortunately for me, I slept a mere 3 hours, and woke up to realize I'd lost my voice and had a nasty cough. The doctor listened to my chest and made the call that I wouldn't be riding today (although I must admit that wasn't a hard choice - I was in bad shape). It was hard not starting this ride with everyone, and to watch the day pass as I rode in the RV with the team's cook, Chad, to the next motel. Since arriving, I have hunkered down in my room to rest since I hope to be back on my bike tomorrow.

Tonight we'll be resting at the Saskatchewan Crossing. Next stop, Jasper!

Fresh Snow....we should have brought our ski equipment!

No comments: