Monday, May 28, 2007

May 28 - 90km Ride, to Mike Wiegele's, Beach Volleyball

Another day, another hundred K. Well, almost. I had a great day out on the bike as we enjoyed some tail wind, some head wind, and nice rolly terrain. Today I rode with all the girls in one big pack. Emily Brydon was the only one absent as she started off her day with the boys. Although we faced some nasty conditions on the shoulder of the highway at times, the girls ran a tight group considering how much experience we have. I found today was a good recovery day for me and my joints as I adapt to this kind of volume. My muscle and stamina feel great, but my knees' ligaments are not used to this! Physio has been key for everyone.


Our route today took us from Valemount to Mike Wiegele's Heli Skiing resort. Although we won't be doing any Heli Skiing, we are enjoying these beautiful log cabins for the night! This afternoon we also had some laughs as we all tried to play some beach volleyball. It was great.



As far as my health goes, I'm still coughing quite a bit but it's getting better and better. I'm happy to say my voice is back to normal as well!

Next destination...Kamloops.

No comments: