Thursday, May 31, 2007

May 31 - More Uphills, Hot n Sunny



Today we left Kamloops and rode to Cash Chreek. It was a beautiful day with full sun and temperatures that reached 27 during our ride and up to 30 after lunch. Before we hit the road some old friends came to send us off. Nancy and Dave, who opened their home to me years and ago when the National Championships were in Sun Peaks, came to say hello and wish me well for the rest of the ride. It was great to see them again, it has been over 6 years since I saw them last.

Today's ride felt like we were always going either uphill or downhill. There were some amazing views of lakes and golf courses surrounded by desert like hills. The hills went quite well and I felt strong which was great. Although my muscles felt a little flat after a day off, my knees and lungs were much better! I'm certain this cold is on it's last legs! Another good things as we face the hardest days yet.

The girls are really sticking together right now and working hard to make sure everyone finishes. On the hills there is always a pretty massive separation in the group, but we always wait at the top, spinning out our legs out so we can start the descent together. The heat may become a factor, but for today it was ok.

We're now on our way to the dunk our legs in cold water to help speed up recovery.

Tomorrow we'll be facing a 2 hour climb to start the day, followed by a nice descent then two more, steep but short climbs. The next day...well...I don't even think there is a word that can properly describe how much it may hurt. I'm just wishing I had a granny gear!!!!! :)

Till tomorrow,



K

No comments: