Wednesday, May 30, 2007

May 30- Day off, Massage, Media, Dinner with Kids

The day off in Kamloops was a pretty chill (yet busy) day for everyone. Many of the athletes played nine holes of golf, others got massages, and others went for a relaxed recovery ride on their bikes. As for myself, my day started with a long chat on Skype with my boyfriend David. It was great to connect via video after a few days of only texting. After a long chat, I had a relaxed breakfast then I went into town for a massage. Still feeling sick I enjoyed a day to give my body some rest.
At around 3pm we all gathered and went to a local GM dealership for for media event with some signing and photo ops. It was a beautiful day with full sunshine and 30 degrees. To be honest, I couldn't handle to sun for too long, so I gathered with the others in the shade whenever possible.


After the GM conference, we went to dunk our legs in the river again, physio then dinner with the local Kamloops Ski racers! It was a wonderful dinner with steak and all the fixings! I really enjoyed the evening with more laughter than I could handle. I crashed soon after dinner very tired and hoping to be set to go for the next ride.

Only 3 days left of riding!



No comments: