Sunday, February 28, 2010

Golden Games


I can't believe the Olympics are already wrapping up. After dreaming about this occasion and preparing for it for over 9years (one might argue my whole life) I certainly leave with mixed emotions. For one thing I'm in absolute awe at how well Canada and VANOC prepared for these games and hosted the world. I'm not leaving with a medal as I'd dreamt, but I am leaving with renewed spirit, amazing memories, and new friends.

Canada's world record setting Gold medal haul is what impressed me the most. The athletes were certainly going for Gold! Although that attitude may have cost us some silver and bronze medals due to blow outs, it’s that kind of effort that has made Canada Gold Medal record breakers. (And hopefully our boys on the ice will bring home the final Gold medal!) In previous e-mails I’d talked about my fellow Wrigley athlete Denny Morrison, well, he finally did it with his teammates and won Gold! Congratulations! I voted them in as they best underdogs of the games… www.chewtowin.ca/spirit

These last 5 days of the Games I was able to share with David. We went to a hockey game with the Hudson’s and cheered on Team Canada to a victory over Germany. We hung out on set in Whistler, and we cheering along with everyone as we urged our Canadian athletes on. Now, we’re settling in to watch to most anticipated Game at the Olympics. Go Boys Go!!!! We’ll also be in the stadium watching the closing ceremonies – we are both extremely excited to watch Canada wrap up this incredible show.

These Olympics certainly didn’t disappoint – they exceeded everything I’d ever imagined.

Till next time,

Kelly










No comments: