Monday, December 04, 2006

Making History at Lake Louise!





My First Podium on the World Cup!!!
I have to admit, everything feels like a blur as the reality of my first podium beings to sink in. There are so many reasons for this podium to stick in my mind and mean so much. Most importantly it was my first podium ever! Also, as I said during many interviews, the best possible first podium would have been at the Olympics (where I was 4th)but the next best thing was for it to happen in Canada. But probably the most lasting impression this podium has left is the history I am now a part of. I was the first Canadian female to stand on the podium at Lake Louise since it started running in 1989! That felt pretty cool.
I was lucky enough to share this weekend with my boyfriend David Ford, and Both my parents! My parents watched my first ever world cup race here in Lake Louise and now they were there to share in my first podium. It was extremely special.
Since the podium I've been doing interview after interview. It's been such a treat to see how the Canadian media has received the great results by myself and Michael Janyk (he was 2nd yesterday at the men's Slalom race in Beaver Creek).
Today I had a day off which has helped everything sink in. David and I went up on the hill to freeski and have some fun. It was such a treat to check out this great mountain! It was my first time skiing more than the two runs used for the races! It was great.
Otherwise, I'm doing well and looking forward to more racing! Next week we hope to be in Val D'Isere for another series of races....as long as the weather gets colder and the snow starts falling!
Thank you to everyone who has helped me achieve this dream!
I know it's only the beginning.
Smiles,
Kelly

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Unreal girl. You deserve it. Congratulations.

Nate.

ChrisD said...

Congratz Kelly,

From your long lost neighbor from Kap. Been sporadically checking your site over the last year. nice work!

Jo and I were tracking your races in the last olympics, quite proud of your accomplishments. Telling everyone that you were the little girl next door hehe. (you're not so little anymore!)

Anyway, write me if you want and I'll send a link to some recent family Pics.

chrisd at cadlink dot com