Friday, November 03, 2006

Galas and Packing


Recently in Toronto, I enjoyed a great day and evening full of events! Early in the day Alpine Canada held a press conference at the Toronto Stock Exchange. Following this event, I did an interview with Sportsnet. For lunch I met with great friends, Erica and her two little girls! In the evening Alpine Ontario hosted a Gala dinner to help raise money for all the upcoming ski stars. It was an amazing event that I'm sure everyone enjoyed. I was
'lucky' enough to be a part of the fashion show - a skill I have yet to master! :)

Now back home in Chilliwack, BC it has dawned on me that I'm hitting the road, tomorrow (Monday), for 7 weeks! It's amazing how it always sneaks up on you. So, I've been caught up in a whirlwind of trying to get myself organized and ready to head into the racing season. My bags are now (mostly) packed, laundry done, and the 'to do' list is getting smaller. Tomorrow evening I will be attending the Vancouver Gala then I'll be flying to Calgary for pictures, clothing pickup, fitness testing, and another Gala. From there, I will finally get back to the slopes....where the real work begins!

No comments: