Friday, November 10, 2006

From Galas to Snow

Currently I am in Nakiska training again. After the hectic Gala and media tour that took me from Toronto, to Vancouver, and finally to Calgary I am happy to be back on snow. All the events were huge successes and I'm sure things will only get better next year!

Since the Gala tour has come to an end I'm happy to say that we're back on snow! I have to admit, I'm extremely happy to be back working again....at my real job:) We are now training in Nakiska, Alberta doing mostly GS until Panorama is ready to have us.

This picture is of Gail Kelly and Anna Goodman at the top of Nakiska - what a beautiful view!
We are all looking forward to the racing season (staring off with the Slalom tomorrow in Levi, where Brigitte Acton will be racing). Lake Louise will be my first World Cup this season and I know, as always, it will be such a joy to race in front of a home town crowd! (Or as close to a home town as I have on the World Cup circuit)

I'm now starting my journey through a new season that holds nothing but possibilities. I am excited and nervous as always. It never ceases to amaze me how a year can pass by so quickly. Although I know the alternative just wouldn't be appealing to me. Life is meant to be lived! Take care and I hope to see many of you in Lake Louise to cheer us on!!!!!!

With Big Smiles and Fast Skis,

Kelly

No comments: