Monday, January 29, 2007

Strong Weekend, Worlds to Follow

Are, Sweden awaits us! The pinnacle of the season, the World Championships! I have to admit, I'm pretty excited to get up there and start the final stages of preparations for race day.

But first, today is a day of rest as we wrapped up three races in San Sicario, Italy where I had three solid races finishing 5th, 10th, and 13th. It was a great set of races that really got me excited to be racing again and looking forward to Are with confidence. Most notably from this last weekend was getting to see Britt Janyk find her stride. She was a thrill to race with as she finished two times 4th (I know how it feels!:) and we are looking towards Are with new found excitement. Currently we are close to Salzburg enjoying a day off. I'm sure today will be filled with...well...nothing!

I have attached two pictures. One of the pictures is of, what I'm now calling the North American Powerhouses; Britt Janyk, Lindsay Kildow, Julia Mancuso, and myself!

As always, I look forward to what lays ahead. The ups and downs of sport are always challenging but that's why I do it. If it was easy, I would be bored.

I'll leave you with a quote from Michael Jordan,

"I have failed over and over and over in my life, and that is why I succeed."

Big Smiles and Fast Skis,

Kelly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you good luck this weekend!!
I saw you at the Olympics, and you were awesome.

bye,
Joaquin