Monday, January 22, 2007

24th Year Begins!



As the races in Cortina end my 24th year begins! It was my birthday yesterday and I was lucky enough to spend it in beautiful Cortina, then my evening in beautiful Bolzano. Shona Rubens and I passed the evening together eating pizza and drinking some amazing Italian wine. A few of the girls gave me some really sweet gifts and I received flowers from my tech, Pavel and coaches. It was as special a day as possible on the road. I feel so lucky to be doing what I do and collecting such amazing memories.
Today I'm enjoying a relaxing day in Bolzano, at a beautiful hotel, preparing for the next week of racing on the old Torino Olympic track. My last few races in Cortina weren't up to my expectations or my abilities. However, I know its inside me and I'm drawing on the lessons I learned in Cortina to get me back fighting for those hundredths!

No comments: