Friday, October 27, 2006

Home Again


This is the amazing view from an Airbus as David and I flew over Baffin Island upon my return trip from Austria and David's return trip from Holland. All I could think seeing all this snow was that we should be racing up here! The World Cup GS in Solden was canceled due to lack of snow, the first time this race has ever been canceled. It definitely makes me reflect upon the global warming situation!

In the end I'm really happy with the training and progress I made in Pitztal. We had a good balance of time spent training Super G and GS, with success in both disciplines. Our team is skiing extremely well and the competition will be thick! I am now at home in Chilliwack enjoying this time to relax before the season begins. This morning I went for a wonderful run along the river in my backyard, the scenery is beautiful with all the colours changing. Up next...Halloween....what to wear, what to wear:)

No comments: