Sunday, November 28, 2010

Like Coming Home...

Yesterday was a spectacular day and the culmination of a years' worth of extremely hard work.

It was the day I skied for the first time since my crash on December 17, 2009.

I can only describe my return to snow as if I was finally 'Coming Home'.


This is me on the chairlift heading up for my first run!
-

Stretching it out - making sure I'm limbered up for the run!
-


Myself and Dr. Bob Litchfield (the surgeon who put me back together). It was special being able to share this day with him, his family, and Kent Kobelka (team physio).


It was a beautiful morning for my first day back.
Skiing continues to take my breath away in all the right ways.

2 comments:

Michael Holroyd said...

Good job Kelly! I know the feeling of being kept away from what you want to do, and the relief of getting it back. Good luck with the rest of the journey!

Jon Allen said...

Congratulations Kelly! You must be, so happy right now.