Monday, December 10, 2007

Aspen, Britt Wins, Kelly 6th

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and looking forward to the Holiday Season as it quickly approaches.

I'm just about to leave Aspen but I wanted to send a quite note because today was a pretty special day. With extremely challenging conditions they were able to get the Downhill race off. They lowered to start (only cutting out the gliding section at the top which was a bit sad for me) and the snow was soft with bumps and piles all over the place after nearly a metre fell yesterday. Still snowing today, we were extremely lucky we got to race, especially with the final results...

Britt Janyk Won! And I finished only .20 off the podium which put me into 6th position. I was in second after the final interval but lost a lot of time to the finish. This was the section that caught me in my last training run and shook me up a bit, unfortunately I was simply too round and tentative. Otherwise, the whole run was a great success.

Take care and Thank you all for the amazing support!

We're now off to St. Moritz...(Val D'Isere got cancelled due to lack of snow).

Big Smiles,
K

2 comments:

Phil said...

Hey Tinker Bell - I was very proud of all the Canadian girls at the race but 2 in the top 6 was AWESOME! I think it was skiing in pow-pow the day before with us that did it...next time you throw the flowers, you should face the crowd! Good luck in your race this weekend.

Unknown said...

congratulation for today...
even if you didn't win you were great!!
by an italian fan!!