Saturday, June 30, 2007

Leaving Prague, Next Up Ljubljana

I have thoroughly enjoyed my week here in Prague. This was my first time to the Check Republic and I have found it holds much beauty and character. I would like to learn more about its history, as it seems rich and diverse.

I've had a good week of physical training with great access to the athletes gym right at the river where David is training and racing. It is all brand new and perfectly set up for everything I need. Running is also wonderful with so much to see and explore, this is one way to keep training interesting!

The only hiccup from the week was David getting food poisoning the night before his qualifiers on Friday. I have never seem him sick like that, we heard accounts the next day of other athletes who had eaten at the same restaurant, at the same time, and the time lines were identical. It was hard to see him so violently ill. He is doing better now, although still feeling some of the effects. Tomorrow is race day for him, I look forward to helping out where I can and stretching my vocal cords as I cheer him on.

Other than training, we've been able to explore the city and see a few sights. It's been interesting and I hope I will return to this great city sometime soon. After here we go to Ljubljana. Andree Lavoie (our team physio) and her new husband live close by so I hope we'll get together for a nice dinner.

No comments: