Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Charity Golf Tournament, Back to Regular Training

Well, since the bike trip ended, I have enjoyed what has been a wonderful block at home. A whole 2 weeks!!!! I've loved every second of it. Most of my teammates stayed in Whistler for another week after the bike trip for a training camp. (Yes, they thought the bike trip wasn't enough training so they added another week in the gym!) I guess everyone was a bit tired and found the week to be tough to get through. This made me feel even more confident in my decision to go home and do my training there, eating my own food, sleeping in my own bed, and enjoyed being with David as well. It was great and I was amazed how great I felt so quickly after that long bike ride.

Being back in the gym and working out regularly felt good. It was nice to settle into a routine and enjoy the time at home. With some nice bike rides with David and golf excursions, including a charity golf tournament, life is good. I'm hitting my driver better than ever but this sport is addictive....I already want to buy new clubs! And I've only been golfing for less than 2 years! I've decided to wait until I get a bit better though, then I'm sure I'll dive in the deep end.

I'm now with David in Prague to support him during his World Cup races. I really enjoy this time and getting to know the 'other side' of sport. It's always an adventure which makes everything exciting.

Till Next Time,

K

No comments: