Monday, December 08, 2008

Lake Louise 2008

Hello Everyone,

The first races are now finished and I’m once again back in the airport leaving for Europe. I certainly was excited and enjoyed racing in Lake Louise once again. I simply love to race in Canada – there’s nothing like it.

Looking back on the weekend I’m happy with the solid performances and the clear indicators that I’m getting closer to the podium more consistently. With the challenges heading into the week of; no summer training; changing of boots a week and a half before the race; adverse weather conditions; and finally crashing on the first training run I certainly had a great opportunity to practice being mentally tough. My goal heading into this season was to do just that, to strengthen my resolve and to learn how to overcome challenges, no matter how big. I left the weekend knowing I was extremely fast in sections and that my SG is back! I really wanted a podium this Sunday and came just short of that. After the race I saw the splits and I was leading coming onto the flats. Unfortunately I made a few errors in line and got pushed into the soft snow a bit…costly on the flats. However, I was happy with how I raced, charged, and that I can still turn my skis! I was also excited to see Emily, Britt, and myself have such strong finishes in the first weekend of racing. We’re all in the mix which makes it loads of fun. Larisa Yurkiw also had her first ever top 30 result in the DH with a tie for 29th! We might have a new Speed Queen in the midst!!!

If you’re curious and want to check out my crash from the first training run I’ve attached the You Tube link for the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rpl2MsfX5I

On a side note, be sure to check out my website, there are some new updates with videos, speed queens t-shirt links, schedules, etc, etc.

Take Care Everyone!

Kelly

No comments: