Friday, March 23, 2007

End of Season Wrap Up

Spring is on it's way!!!!! As much as I love winter and skiing, I am really looking forward to getting some colour on this pale body of mine!

Well, another racing season has come to an end! Every year it never ceases to amaze me how quickly time flies by or how quickly you get wrapped up in the preparations for next year. Already, ski testing, training camps, and travel plans are set in place to get us set for next years races. It's a whirlwind of a lifestyle that can, at times be exhausting, but also unbelievably rewarding. This season I finished with a world ranking of 8th in Downhill and 8th in Super G. By FAR my best season finishing with just under 400 world cup points (a plateau I hope to surpass next year). Although I didn't end my season as strongly as it began, I am thankful to be healthy, and looking forward to an off-season to recharge the batteries. I have to admit, my batteries are very low after this season and I look forward to this time at home.

An exciting new part of my life right now is preparing for eye surgery! This Monday I go under the 'laser' and hope to come out with perfect vision! This will mean no more contact lenses drying out and folding in the middle of a speed race (yes, this has happened 3 times in World Cup competitions), better depth perception, and no more hassle with glasses ever again...if all goes well:) This is the reason I will not be competing in the National Championship this year. I needed a two week window in order to do the surgery with no contacts.

Now, I'm enjoying time at home with a few visits up to Whistler for media events and meetings with the girls as we try and help set up the best possible program to ensure many, many more podiums in our future.

Other exciting news includes me receiving a GM vehicle for a year because of my top ten world ranking on the World Cup! I have chosen a white Envoy and I look forward to ripping around in it.

As always, success isn't possible without the support of so many people around me. And of course, it also takes those special few who know when to kick me in the butt when I need it!

With Smiles and Best Wishes to Everyone,

Kelly

No comments: