Thursday, March 08, 2007

5th in DH - Best Donwhill Result of Career


I know it has been a while since my last blog, my apologies for those avid readers! :) Currently I find myself in Burgeis, Italy for a few days of training as we head into the World Cup Finals next week. Looking back on this season, in some ways it's hard to believe it's almost over, yet I am getting a bit run down from the travel, so it's nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Lenzerheide was a blast from the past. The last time I was there was for the World Juniors 6 years ago! I had my first World Junior Championship podium there and so I was excited to return. This time we got to see the sun from time to time and what a view - the mountains were beautiful. It was also a great weekend for the Canadian women! 5 top tens in two days, including a podium by Emily Brydon! I was one of the top tens with a 5th place finish, but unfortunately I had one heck of a mixed up run in Super G putting far back in the feild.
The picture above is of the little village built on the top of Tarvisio! It's a very beautiful place.
I promise to write more next time!
Big Smiles,
Kelly


No comments: