Sunday, September 24, 2006

An Artist's Take

Upon my return home from Portillo, Chile I opened a package that held a special gift within. I had heard a while ago that there was a group of artists interested in making medals for all the Canadian athletes who finished 4th in Torino. I nearly forgot about this entirely....until a packaged arrived with my name on it. It was a medal made by Peter MacLean and the strap was made by Holly Carr. They are two artists from Nova Scotia. This medal is perfect in so many ways, I am honoured to have received one. All the medals were made by different artists and Holly Carr made the ribbons. These artists felt a kinship with the athletes who work, often alone, towards an ideal. These medals were a way for them to recognize those who might otherwise have gone unnoticed.

No comments: