Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Lake Louise, Right to Play, New Sponsor

Well, the first weekend of racing is now over. Our team saw great success with Britt Janyk's performances and I put in a solid weekend of racing finishing 21st and 16th. Although I'm not happy with those results, I came away with more confidence in my skiing and with the knowledge that not much will have to change to get in the top ten and on the podium. I certainly want it badly enough and have loads of passion itching to get out. I'm currently in Aspen getting set for the Downhill and Super G races that will be held this Friday and Saturday.

There is also some big news about the amazing organization Right to Play. In short, the women's ski team are now ambassadors for Right to Play. Plus, Emily Brydon, Britt Janyk, and myself have become personal Right to Play Ambassadors. On Sunday, the day of the Super G race in Lake Louise, Emily, Britt and I committed our prize money earnings from this race to support Right to Play. Although we didn't end up with the results we'd hoped for this initiative will continue to move forward!

I look forward to announcing our next fundraising initiative with Right to Play!

Here is a link to read more about our Right to Play initiatives,

http://www.righttoplay.com/site/TR?px=1217022&fr_id=1040&pg=personal

On another note, I'm extremely pleased to announce that I have a new headgear sponsor! I will now be working with Teck Cominco. They are a diversified mining and metals company who's headquarters are located in Vancouver. This company is also a VANOC 2010 sponsor and all the metal used to create the medals for the 2010 Olympics will come from Teck Cominco's mines! (I've already asked them to set aside a medal, or two, for me!) This company strives for sustainability and holds true to the many values I feel are important in life and in business. I look forward to working with Teck Cominco.

Here is a link to learn more about Teck Cominco

http://www.teckcominco.com/

Take care and I'll keep you updated as the season unfolds!
Big Smiles,

Kelly

1 comment:

Steve said...

Hi Kelly!

Great news about your commitment to Right to Play! Good on you, Emily and Britt!

I work for Teck Cominco and was thrilled to see our logo on your headgear at Lake Louise - we're proud to have you aboard our team of sponsored athletes!

I spoke with you very briefly at Panorama during the WC technical event - I was the guy carrying some timing gear up in the village gondola one morning.

Good luck in Colorado. Hope to see you in Rossland at the end of the season for Western Canadian Spring Series - I understand you need to get some GS starts!

Steve Hilts