Monday, September 17, 2007

Getting Back to Lifting Weight

Well, I'm in Calgary and this morning was my first day getting back into lower body weights. Although still limited in some ranges of motion, I'm feeling good. It's nice to be back lifting (I was watching my right leg get smaller and smaller! Not fun.) Here I'm working with Kent Kobelka for physio and Matt Price for training.

Over the last few weeks I have been keeping busy with training on the bike and doing upper body/core and physio. I was also doing a lot of training in the water, going for runs with a flotation belt or in the lake with booties on. Unfortunately last week after one of my swims I came out with swimmer's itch! (Something I had never heard of until that point) I looked like I had the chicken pox and it was unbelievably itchy (hence the name). Oh well, it only took about 4 days to settle down and now all the dots are fading. In the end I had to laugh! It is extremely rare to get this from swimming in Cultas lake, but I did! If there's a way, I will find it...unfortunately.

David is in Brazil getting set to race in his World Championships this coming weekend. I am both nervous and excited for him. I love cheering him on, still it's a place of no control and all trust. But, no matter what happens in sport, I will be there to love him and give him a big hug and kiss whenever he needs it!

As for skiing, for now the plan is to get me back on snow early in October.

Till next time,

Kelly

No comments: